This is the simplest way of removing the new Chat icon from your taskbar menu. All you need to do is right-click on the Chat icon and choose Hide from Taskbar from the context menu that just appeared.
Important: This method will only allow you to remove the Chat icon, but you will not be able to add it back. If you previously removed the Chat icon and you’re looking to add it back up, move down to one of the other methods below.
Add or Remove the Chat icon from your Windows 11 Taskbar via Settings
- Press Windows key + I to open up the Settings menu on Windows 11.
- Next, select the Personalization tab from the left-hand side of the Settingsscreen.
Note: If your Settings window is in small view, you’ll need to click on the action icon (top-left corner of the screen) to reveal the list of Settings tabs.
- With the Personalization tab selected, move over to the right-hand section of the screen and click on Taskbarentry to expand on the drop-down menu.
- Once you’re inside the dedicated Taskbar menu, look under Taskbar items and locate the Chat icon – Turn it On or Offdepending on what you wish to accomplish.
- Once you interact with the Chat toggle, you should see the change immediately reflecting on your Taskbar (No need to restart your PC).